swsusp not working for me on a PREEMPT 2.6.12-rc1 and 2.6.12-rc1-mm3 kernel
Romano Giannetti
2005-03-29 11:06:48 UTC
Hi all,

swsusp is not working for me with 2.6.12rc1. I compiled the kernel
preempt, I am compiling now without preempt to test it. -mm3 has a
similar behaviour.

All the configuration, dmesg, lsmod etc is here:
http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/config-2.6.12-rc1/laptop-config.html

Perfectly working (swsup included) similar data is in:
http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/config-2.6.11-rg/laptop-config.html

When suspending, it stops dead with thi two lines (hand copied)

ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:07.5 [C] -> GSI 5 (level, low) -> IRQ5
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:0e.0 [A] -> GSI 9 (level, low) -> IRQ9

...and nothing more.

Romano
--
Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569

Antworten nur per Mail an die im Reply-To-Header angegebene Adresse.
Fragen zum Gateway -> ***@inka.de.
Romano Giannetti
2005-03-29 13:22:24 UTC
Post by Romano Giannetti
Hi all,
swsusp is not working for me with 2.6.12rc1. I compiled the kernel
preempt, I am compiling now without preempt to test it. -mm3 has a
similar behaviour.
Tested with no-preempt -rc1-mm3. No joy; the suspend stops exactly at the
same point.

If you need more info, just tell me.

Romano

Romano Giannetti
2005-03-29 17:11:13 UTC
Post by Romano Giannetti
Post by Romano Giannetti
swsusp is not working for me with 2.6.12rc1. I compiled the kernel
preempt, I am compiling now without preempt to test it. -mm3 has a
similar behaviour.
Tested with no-preempt -rc1-mm3. No joy; the suspend stops exactly at the
same point.
Double auto-answer. I have a serial console now; if anybody can help me to
explain why (after booting with console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0) if I do a
sysrq-t on the serial console appears just the "[4295210.188000] SysRq :
Show State" and not the dump which appears only to the virtual console...

then I can capture all the logs you like.

Romano

Pavel Machek
2005-03-29 18:18:38 UTC
Hi!
Post by Romano Giannetti
Post by Romano Giannetti
Post by Romano Giannetti
swsusp is not working for me with 2.6.12rc1. I compiled the kernel
preempt, I am compiling now without preempt to test it. -mm3 has a
similar behaviour.
Tested with no-preempt -rc1-mm3. No joy; the suspend stops exactly at the
same point.
Double auto-answer. I have a serial console now; if anybody can help me to
explain why (after booting with console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0) if I do a
Show State" and not the dump which appears only to the virtual console...
I'd start with non-preempt 2.6.12-rc1, then remove all the
unneccessary drivers, boot init=/bin/bash, and see what happens.

Pavel
-